ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING?
WHERE DID DECEMBER GO!?
I HAVE HOW MANY DAYS LEFT TO SHOP!?
(NOTE TO SELF: SEE ALTER HOLIDAY HOURS ON THE LEFT)
GREETINGS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM ALTER!
In hopes of finding something clever to kick off our big "holiday" blog post with, I google-image searched the word "Christmas" and this image (above) was on the very first page. I could not believe it. I have dreamt of having an upside down Christmas tree at Alter for years now, and there it was. A Christmas miracle.
There is a whole story on "unusual Christmas trees" via neatorama.com. It will get you in the holiday spirit immediately (the bookcase/book tree is my favorite).
Now, what the hell are you going to get everyone for christmas!?
We could not decide on a "top ten, his/her, expensive/cheap, boyfriend/co-worker" gift list, so We simply walked around both stores and took some shots of a few easy gift items, which....
A) you can afford.
B) are unique and stylish.
C) do not take batteries or require assembly.
...and most importantly: You can shop at a cute, uncrowded, independently-owned boutique just minutes from Manhattan. A store with no long lines, no gross music and no frumpy sales people to take away your holiday cheer. A place like Alter.
(SHIPPING: Yes we can ship via UPS to you, just give us a ring at the store: 718-349-0203. We can even ship it to Manhattan if You can't get over here!)
Keep in mind, we still have TONS of clothing in the stores, and quite a bit of it is ON SALE! UP TO 60% OFF. Get a little something for yourself while you're at it!
Here We go....
1) We have lots of cute jewelry, complete with Alter gift boxes.
Pictured here: $18.00-$65.00
2) These "jK" glamourous/fingerless gloves are adorable, and made in Brooklyn. Girls are going crazy for them! $24.00/$28.00
3) The perfect carry all bag! Good for guys, good for girls.
A super functional, one size fits all accessory.
Black or Olive Green: $45.00
4) Skinny Vintage Neckties: He'll love it! $28.00
5) US Rags recycled "Bank Coin Bag" Totes. Cheap & Chic!
Was: $45.00 **SOLD OUT**
6) I had to throw in the quintessential Alter Hanger Necklaces!
Sterling Silver or Oxidized Sterling Silver: $85.00
7) STUNNIN' STERLING!
8) Maxx & Unicorn bi-fold wallets, also made in Brooklyn!
In green, white or grey kidskin leather: **SOLD OUT**
9) One of our all time favorites here at Alter.
The classic Brown Leather Bi-Fold wallet from Maxx & Unicorn:
10) Laser cut charm necklaces from Alex & Chloe.
Plastic glamour! Gold Acrylic: $55.00 - $65.00 **SOLD OUT**
11) Men's rings and cuff links from Ann Arden McDonald. We have a nice selection of women's rings from this artist you can see here. Rings: $75.00, Bird Stamp Cuff Links: $100.00**SOLD OUT**
12) SPITFIRE Sunglasses! Uni-sexy eyewear.
Comes with nice protective carrying case. All Styles:**SOLD OUT**
13) Every man should have a nice pair of sunglasses. These beauties from Initium Eyewear just went on SALE - 40% off original price! See better details shots here. Was: $120 - $250 NOW ON SALE: $75.00 - $150.00
14) Adjustable jersey & mesh trucker hats from SanDiego Hat Co.
Was: $24.oo **SOLD OUT**
and last but not least...
15) Beautiful handmade leather belts. We sell these belts in both men's and women's stores. Everyone loves them! Various sizes, All colors: $35.00
So that gives you 15 ideas.
We didn't even get into scarves, clothing, shoes... the list of options goes on!
... and if you don't find what you're looking for at Alter, you may want to check out some of or neighbors here on Franklin Street. According to NY Magazine, we are an "Alterna-SoHo" for shopping.
"While the rest of the city scurries up and down Broadway or crams into tiny storefronts on smith street, these micro-shopping districts remain blissfully unpicked-over."
- NY Magazine