May 20, 2008

Before it was Alter

Our neighbor Dan sent us this photograph of our building from around 1940. Between 1939 and 1941, the city photographed every house and building in the five Boroughs. Go to the web site to learn more.

Above: 107/109 Franklin Street circa 1940. The space on the right (with the baby carriage parked outside) is now Alter.

Above: 107/109 Franklin Street in 2008. How times have changed...

No comments: